Free Lightroom preset of the month – Alien green
So I am going to start a series of monthly give-away of my favorite Lightroom PRO presets. I believe in free sharing so this will be free to download, of course. Only I ask back for you to share/comment this article or just click Like if it was useful to you, it will also motivate me to keep posting more monthly presets.
Moreover this is a nice exercise to help me clear the dust of some nice Lightroom presets that I haven’t used in a long-while and I had almost forgotten.
Free Lightroom preset of the month – July 2016 – Alien green
This preset make’s the green pop nicely, maybe even too much, if it’s the case and the green is too bright I would reduce the global saturation a bit or push up the vibrance bar. Moreover, it applies a generous global sharpness + clarity. And also lowers the vibrance of every other color in the image. I think is an interesting preset that works well instantly in some certain images, not so well in other images where magenta is present. Also keep an eye on white balance.
What this preset does:
- Decrease Vibrance dramatically.
- Increase Clarity dramatically.
- Split toning the shadows for balance.
- Major Sharpening.
- Tweak the camera calibration.
On what images work’s best:
- Making pop a detail of green.
- De-saturated Black/white photographs with a strong green.
- You want to make the image really pop.
BEFORE VS AFTER
Example that doesn’t work:
- Check the white balance.
- It will not work for every single image.
- Being a green enhancer look for those nicely green images.
You can download the preset clicking here. Opens in a Pop-up, no need to Unzip, just click to Download through your browser. Enjoy :).
PS: Learn how to install Lightroom presets by clicking here.